Pointwise Version 17.1
Pointwise Version 17.1 is now available for production use.
This release includes two major features:
- An advancing front unstructured surface mesher
- Read/write times for the Pointwise project (.pw) file are up to 100
Other new features in V17.1 include the following:
- The On Database Entities command for creating connectors has been
extended to work directly with Database Boundaries (the minimum and
maximum iso-parametric lines of an untrimmed surface, as well as trimmed
surface and quilt boundaries).
- The Edit menu's Add Faces command has been extended to also provide
removal of faces from an unstructured block. The command is now called
- Adding and removing edges to unstructured domains has been added to
the Edit menu.
- When copying a distribution of grid points from one connector to
another, the direction of the connectors being copied from is now
- The Distribute command now provides the ability to probe the grid
spacing values at individual grid points.
- Twenty-two new accelerator keys (for example, Ctrl+J to invoke Join)
have been added across the product, providing one-touch access to
frequently used commands.
- Glide (whether or not the display continues to pan, zoom, or rotate
after you stop moving the mouse) can now be toggled on or off as a
- The CAE exporters for CFX, Cobalt, SC/Tetra, and STAR-CD have been
rewritten to dovetail with the addition of new face-based data
structures to Pointwise's CAE Plugin API
- Global grid and flow attributes (for example, freestream Mach number
and units) now can be set and exported for the CAE solvers that support
Pointwise V17.1 also includes a number of defect corrections.
More Information and Downloads
You can read about all the changes in V17.1 on our website in the
Resolved Issues section of the Release Notes and on the Pointwise
The new release is available for download from our website.
◀ Previous Article
Next Article ▶