Installing the License Manager
Pointwise V18.0 R2 now uses RLM, the Reprise License Manager. All customers will need to obtain a new license and perform a complete download and install of RLM and Pointwise before using V18.0 R2. For more information about the transition to RLM, please check our most frequently asked questions on our Get Help page.
1. Download Reprise License Manager (RLM).
2. Install the RLM license manager.
- Run the RLM installer.
- IMPORTANT: Install RLM as Administrator/root on Windows machines.
- Accept the Right-to-Use license and use all defaults for the installation.
- If you have an Activation Key, copy and paste it into the Activation Key field when you reach the Configure Pointwise RLM License Server screen.
- If your Activation Key does not work or you need an Activation Key, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Review the status of your RLM license manager.
- Start your web browser and open http://localhost:5054/ where localhost is your computer's name. This is the Reprise License Manager (RLM) user interface page.
- On the left side of the web page, click on the Status button.
- You should now see an ISV (Independent Software Vendor) program named PWID listed as running.
- If you do not, please contact email@example.com
5. Have Questions?
- Look at our installation help webpage for instructions on other installation setups.
- Check our Get Help webpage for answers to common questions and troubleshooting tips.
- Contact Pointwise's technical support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and 800-4PT-WISE.
The terms of the agreement under which you may acquire the
right to use the software include the "Right To Use License"
attached hereto or accompanying the software. Your purchase, license,
receipt, or use of the software constitutes your acceptance of all
the "Right To Use License". Please read the Right To Use License.